Rabia Anwar Chaudry truly believes that understanding and acceptance can come through the power of storytelling. In fact she has used it in her podcasts to help individuals that have been falsely accused of crimes. Rabia joins Alaa today to talk about the influence story telling has not just in learning life’s lessons but also the path to social change.
Being At The Table means:
“To listen to everybody else's perspective is; to learn to just be still and listen to people and understand why are their priorities the way they are” - Rabia Chaudry
Highlights from the Conversation:
- Her involvement in the creation of Serial Podcast that investigated the claims that Adnan Syed was innocent of murder, one of Rabia’s clients
- The transition from Serial to Undisclosed, which investigates wrongful convictions and the U.S. criminal justice system, which has helped exonerate 9 defendants
- The power of District Attorneys and finding the right candidates to run for this office
- Learning that facts don’t necessarily matter as they can be interpreted differently however changing people’s minds begins with telling stories
- Getting over the shame of living in domestic violence and divorce
- A look into her book Fatty Fatty Boom Boom, her memoir around food and family
- Delving into raising our girls differently to live the life they want
- And more.
About the Guest:
Rabia Chaudry is an attorney, advocate, and Executive Producer of four-part HBO documentary “The Case Against Adnan Syed.” A NYT bestselling author and co-host of two podcasts Rabia will be publishing her next book “Fatty Fatty Boom Boom”, a memoir on food, fat, and family this year.
About the Host:
Alaa Murabit is an award-winning medical doctor, global security strategist, women’s rights advocate and United Nations High-Level Commissioner on Health, Employment & Economic Growth and Sustainable Development Goal Global Advocate.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher. You can also subscribe in your favorite podcast app.
Leave us an Apple Podcasts review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on Apple Podcasts, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts.