New York Bestseller and fellow podcaster, Lewis Howes joins Alaa on this episode of At The Table. Lewis shares his personal story that shifted how he looked at transformation and leadership, inspired his books and the work he does, and helped him be the success that he is today.
What I would bring to the Table:
“The book the Alchemist. We're all on a journey, and we need to discover the treasure within us.” – Lewis Howes
Highlights from the Conversation:
- Being addicted to helping people grow and learn, and using his podcast as an avenue for this
- The impact his life had on him growing up in a Christian Science household
- The influence that occurred as his parents hosted students from around the world
- Using sports as an outlet for the frustration in his personal and business life and how that ended causing him to seek therapy
- The shame that came from surviving abuse and the lack of conversation around sexual abuse of men that currently existed
- Sharing publicly on his podcast about his abuse and the in pouring of letters he received from other male survivors
- The unrealistic standards held for women and men
- The power of reaching out and talking to others
- Breaking down stereotypes and really connecting with people
- And More…
About the Guest:
Lewis Howes is a New York Times Bestselling author of the hit book, The School of Greatness and his newest book, The Mask of Masculinity. He is a lifestyle entrepreneur, high performance business coach and keynote speaker. A former professional football player and two-sport All-American, he is a current USA Men’s National Handball Team athlete. He hosts a top 100 iTunes ranked Apple podcast, The School of Greatness.
About the Host:
Alaa Murabit is an award-winning medical doctor, global security strategist, women’s rights advocate and United Nations High-Level Commissioner on Health, Employment & Economic Growth and Sustainable Development Goal Global Advocate.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher. You can also subscribe in your favorite podcast app.
Leave us an Apple Podcasts review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on Apple Podcasts, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts